Having created a pair of Windows Server 2012-based virtual machines in Azure, behind a load balancer and in an availability set, the next steps in our project to automatically handle inbound FTP files is to:
- add Internet Information Server to our VMs;
- include FTP service as part of that process;
- create local FTP users and user groups;
- configure correct file permissions for those groups;
- configure the firewall for PASV FTP connections;
- set up user isolation;
- create virtual directories for each FTP user; and
- restart the service to enable our changes.
Needless to say, this is an involved process; and it’s one that’s easier taught by video recording than blog post.
So, check out this YouTube video that will guide you through the process.